Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Feng Shui to Chickens.....







I was impressed with Michael's winding path to the chicken house. I am always impressed with eggs, chicken or otherwise. The Psankied eggs are from my 'wayback work'. They were made around 1976-77, probably.

Yesterday was the first hint of spring here, snow was melting for the first time in weeks, the trip from the house to the studio was joyous, didn't need to scurry, reveling in the warmth on my back.

My brain is in 'strain' mode as I think about the 'now', the near future and ahead of that. I know about the notion of 'one day at a time', it certainly has its place and is a great model for my thought process but in this business we need to consider 'far ahead' in order for things to run smoothly; ordering, organizing and trying on scenarios.

I leave tomorrow for a trip to Cape Cod to visit friends and 'train' my friend Susan in some projects where I need help and then I go onto The Bead House where I can see Jeff and Kim and share with the group a fun class in the new Fastfire Bronzeclay.

I love that feeling in the core, knowing that Spring will Spring...even if it retreated overnight. I loved yesterday's taste, now my hands are cold again.

No comments: