Sunday, January 27, 2008

Evelyn Glennie...


My Luddite tendencies have foiled me again. I was trying to introduce you to a woman by the name of Evelyn Glennie, my goal was to download and add a link to a little video....wraanck, can't do it. So, if you are of a mind to do a little research...google can help you out! I watched a documentary on her last night, she's an inspiration ,doing some really cool work as a near deaf percussionist, the film took you to a great large empty factory building in Northern Germany where she and another man played music, made noise and reveled in the 5 second echo. I'm thinking that the real excitement in the video comes about due to the melding of sensory information that we encounter daily, in Evelyn's case she is just much more aware of it and in the making of the film gives us cause to look at it all a little differently, excellent!

I'm in the 'head down' mode of preparing for the Tucson Gem show, looking forward to my time in a more forgiving climate and to spending time with friends!

No comments: