Friday, May 8, 2009

Awoke, wishing I had a sfogliatelle....

Sfogliatelle

I must be feeling better. After 9 days of misery following a most brutal tooth extraction I finally am THINKING about something to eat other than yogurt, hummus, eggs. Sfogliatelle are one of my all time favorite foods, the look, the texture, the nuance. It seems as though every Italian bakery has their own recipe, with huge variation in flavor. Bostons' North End had a particularly great version at the Modern Pastry. In Northampton, MA, La Forentina Pastry Shop has a great one also, though they only make them on the weekend....hmmm, weekend is near!

I guess that I need fuel to gather together my wits, my kits, and a bunch of good energy to head to Studio Beads next week for a full week of fun, a two day trunk show followed by four classes, won't you come by?

2 comments:

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

So sorry to hear about your tooth... and 9 days?! Yikes. The sfogliatelle looks yummy...

Melissa J. Lee said...

I found your class posting through Kate McKinnon's blog. I so wish I could take your class on adding color to metal - I am near enough to Studio Beads, but my in-laws are visiting this weekend, and I can't get away. I'm aiming to at least stop by the trunk show. I hope you are feeling better and have a wonderful time in the Chicago area. The weather is finally looking up here...