Saturday, March 15, 2008

Royal Purple......


So it took 3 of us...from 8 to 4 to make this happen...the happening being a way to fit this very large and very purple sofa into our living room! We persevered and the outcome was so worth it. The girls pushed through it with high determination. We took the front door off the house in order to accommodate getting this inside. I didn't know how this rather contemporary monstrosity would physically fit but my bigger question had to do with style, as close as we can figure the house dates from 1760. I think that it looks 'just right' and the best part is that the whole family can sit in the living room at the same time....and have some friends visit as well. 9 people could fit if they had to!!!

It's been a long time coming, I love that it shakes things up a bit.

And the kitty looks so much prettier in contrast to the purple vs. the beige couch we took out to the studio!

2 comments:

meesh said...

look at that bad boy! i'm talking about kitty.

love the couch. i see a spot for me right in the middle. i'm taking a nap there.

love you!

Anonymous said...

Scoot over an stop snoring! Your feet are in my face!