Thursday, October 22, 2009

Amorous Porcupine....



I'll fight my repressive tendencies to share a true story. In the course of flitting back and forth yesterday between house and studio I encountered 2 porcupines. The large, logey, prehistoric looking one hot on the trail of the smaller, demure and childlike version of same. He starts to mount her...a few times. I , wondering how this all works with quills and tails in the way, was surprised to see the male, up in prairie dog fashion, turn to me with his claws crossed over his upper chest while sporting an enormous erection. We had a stare down, I laughing, and he went back on all fours...after the 'sweet young thing'!

Country living at its best, HA!

1 comment:

charmsbylois said...

Oh, I LOVE this story! My last experience with a porcupine was in Alaska when we found a dead one, popped in the freezer and then plucked the quills. The lengths I will go to to sell quills to my Native American customers!