Thursday, November 26, 2009

I am reminded.....


Clouds over the Isle of Man

.....of a comment while traveling with my daughters, both lots younger than today, Lily probably 5, Olive 8. Lily said after watching the video on board the plane,
specifically the slide to safety, "we'll just land in the clouds, right?"

Such delightful naivete.

A day at home with all 4 of us roosting together, a large chicken to roast.

May all of your thanksgivings be thankful.

One week from today I start on my big adventure. I leave for Miami in order to teach for the South Florida Jewelry Arts Guild, 3 classes, one in Copper Clay, one in a Felted Brooch and one in Coloring Metals. I fly home, have a day to repack and then head to Japan where I will spend 10 days, 6 of which will be teaching and demoing. 2 days in Kyoto where I will look for the monkeys in the mountains, visit some temples, and just take it where it leads. My time in Tokyo calls for a visit to the Tsukiji Fish Market. The excitement is strenuous. I am home for 2 days and then have my surgery on Dec. 22. Who knows what then? At least I will have technicolor memories of days passed that were action packed!

I am looking forward to so many things.

7 comments:

charmsbylois said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I love the idea of landing in the clouds! I will treasure that thought every time I fly. You will have such great adventures coming up. Have a terrific time! See you in Tucson?! xo, Lois

charmsbylois said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I love the idea of landing in the clouds! I will treasure that thought every time I fly. You will have such great adventures coming up. Have a terrific time! See you in Tucson?! xo, Lois

Andrea Guarino-Slemmons said...

i can't wait to hear about your trip to japan! so glad you are going to see the monkeys....... i have been thinking a lot about you and your upcoming surgery... starting to send the healing thoughts your way now...

oh by the way.... in japan they have some great patches that you can put on your hands that really help with the pain..... ask about them.... i had them on 24/7........

hugs.....

kate mckinnon said...

I've been thinking about you, in this last month or so before your surgery. I have a good feeling about this. I'm glad you are going to Japan!

kathyd said...

i have been thinking about
you and sending lots
of good healing energy.
have a wonderful time
in japan.
xxoo

Gail Crosman Moore said...

Thanks, everyone, for all of the well wishes!!!!

Had a fun day in the studio, the next to the last before it all goes crazy.

Megan8 said...

Your booth looked beautiful at the Washington Craft Show ! Have a wonderful trip !