Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wednesdays...

...Seem to be the day that I have a moment to reflect. Today I start differently, it is usually a 7 AM yoga class but not today as I have an early dental appointment and then a 'meet up' with my great sister, Ellie. I am constantly surprised at my willingness to 'chaosiphy' (new word?) my surroundings in the studio. From metal fabrication and assembly to enameling to pod preparation, throw in a few critical glass beads to complete an idea and you have possibly a mornings scenario. Yesterday I just had to 'give plain up' as my wonderful grandma used to say, and start a declutter operation. In my most distractable way I got only so far in making a surface available...and I needed to start on the next set of inspirations, cycle repeated...before I knew it I was buried in layers of material again. Given my 'way', I just need to give into it and realize my tendencies and love them. Never having been short of ideas to execute I guess that I must be grateful that the muse is always strolling by my side, whispering,'go for it'!
I am happy to realize that classes are filling, my enameling class in Santa Fe is full with a waitlist, this pleases me as I see it as a vote for consumer confidence, we need to nutrify ourselves with new ideas and techniques, thanks for picking me! I will be teaching a borosilicate beadmaking class paired with enamels on metal at Bead and Button this year, that is not full yet!

3 comments:

BeadyEyedWomen@blogspot.com said...

You are an inspiration to me! I am grateful for your insight and beautiful photography of your amazing work!

Marcia DeCoster said...

your work never fails to inspire, and if that takes creative messiness so be it!

Bizzy B said...

I love your work - how you pair items and the colors you combine. I'm so glad your muse visits. Anyone can be neat, but we don't all have a muse. I'm looking forward to visiting your booth at B&B & seeing all your beautiful beads and what you do with them. I just ordered some of the wing leaves. I'm going to pair them with a glass bead of yours I bought last year. Thank you (& your muse) for the idea.