Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Smooth Exterior....


Technical challenges reign supreme.

I just can't 'get off the block' in this techno world, between my brain malfunction and the peculiarities of cyber space I am frequently baffled, often crippled by the challenges presented.

I was looking at some old work recently, made in 1987, of which this is part of a many 'egged' piece. I see it today as metaphor for some of the many facets of my personality, this smooth surface...with an explosive interior. Some were lined with pearls, some with steel wool, some nails, cotton balls....all housed by different sized porcelain eggs.

It is interesting and somewhat revealing to open up the archives. To me it is much like opening up a journal....as I don't write, or draw, I just make. Pretty bulky!

No comments: