Monday, December 15, 2008

It was fun for awhile.....


The ice encapsulated my world.

And kept electricity at bay on and off...and the internet up until now was unavailable.

It is amazing what a critical and particular temperature can do. As affected as we were there are so many people that have been affected much more significantly. My friend Louise will be w/o electricity at least until Thursday, she said that 5 utility poles were down on her road. Every tree had lost at least 1 branch.

As I watched the rain come down and freeze all around I knew we were in for trouble but I also knew that if conditions were shifted ever so slightly the ice would have been thicker and more damaging.

now I try to get back 'in the groove'. My email program has gone kaput. frustrating.

Think I'll go to the movies to see 'Slumdog Millionaire"......AGAIN, catch it if you can, really.

No comments: