Thursday, December 4, 2008

When limitations prevail......





Doesn't it seem as though when limitations strike you just want to use what is being limited???? I am speaking of my hands.....
when they are the sorest and I wonder what I am going to do about their limited mobility I am flooded with ideas, the more intricate, the more exciting! Anybody out there with a successful plan, strategy, solution to arthritic thumbs?

On a more hopeful note......and an exciting prospect...these pictures are just one possibility in the realm of infinite possibilities of what you might choose to do in the class that Anne Mitchell and I have cooked up in Tucson, with two dates surrounding the Whole Bead Show. This link will take you right to a full description and a way to sign up for a day of fun and ways to bend and stretch metal into what you might want to say!

I am having a delightful time altering the shape of pre-existing stampings and adding pigments, throwing in some seed beads and sequins, fusing some fine silver and wah-la, a pendant from another world. In these times of creative abundance I must take the time to record my ideas as they happen much faster than my hands can keep up!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful project. :)

meesh said...

gail these are so beautiful!

i wish i could cure your aching hands.

wish we could see a movie together today too!

love you!

Joan Tucker said...

Gail, I make porcelain and I have problem knees. I find that the pain and difficulty provokes new ideas and then creates an interesting struggle of pain, vision , adequacy, terror, and what to do next.

Your work is so beautiful, unique and full of wonder, that I know you will triumph over the pain. I will send my blue butterfly (healing image) to you and hope the blue light will bathe your joints with magical healing and relief.

I am taking Anne's silver class before Best Bead, wish I could be in your class. Best wishes and healing.. Joan Tucker

HappyDayArt! said...

It's name should be "Tropicalito"!

Catherine

charmsbylois said...

Hi Gail, I have miserably sore hands too, and deformed fingertips. I am thinking of it as a journey into and through new movement in my work! I also love this salve I get from medicine of the people, a native american company. No old lady odor and it relieves the pain. Merry Chritmas and see you in Tucson! Lois