Thursday, May 28, 2009

My favorite things.......



Yesterday was just great, from early morning as I headed into Needham to meet up with a powerful group of women artists..... where we showed and told and talked of our creative motivation and examples of our inspiration, until the evening. These were some of the topics of the day. In my case the forms that continually pop up are eggs, seeds, pods, shells. Simple forms that house potential....with a hint of mystery.

Mid afternoon I headed into Lexington and met up with my dear friend Plum. We had an early dinner prior to gathering at The Lexington Center for Crafts where I was scheduled to give a talk on essentially the same topic. Notions, we all have them. Some are grounded in experience and reality and some are just bizarre accumulations of percieived untruths. The title of my slideshow was "Evolution of an Idea: Illustrating a Notion" which is really a survey of the last 25 years of my artmaking. In thinking of this presentation I was able to identify some of the common threads that permeate my mind and work. My reception was touching, many people showed up and they had comments and thoughtful questions, many people went home with a new creation in their pocket, or around their neck. Many thanks go out to Bead Designer International and all of the people and the efforts that go into keeping a society of like minded people together! Thank you.

I am thinking ahead. For all of you Pacific Nortwest people. I will not be exhibiting at the Puget Sound Bead Festival this year but will be in your area a few weeks earlier than that. I am scheduled to teach 3 classes and have a trunk show at the new Beads and Beyond/Pacific Quiltworks newly combined superstore! I'll be teaching classes in Bronze clay, Coloring Metals and an Embellished Felt Brooch class. I would love to see you there.

1 comment:

charmsbylois said...

I will miss you at the PSBF! Wish I could take a class from you but Bellevue is so far away.....